Have you tried....Green Smoothies?
Have you tried Green Smoothies yet? They look gross, but they a PACKED with nutrition and they can taste great, with the right combination of ingredients!
Some of the benefits of Green Smoothies are:
1. Whole food nutrition from the fruits and veggies you choose, better than juice because you get all the fiber as well.
2. You can get your veggies in without even noticing the taste of the veggies is usually covered up by the flavors of the fruit.
3. They are easy and inexpensive to make with a few basic ingredients and a blender.
4. Because they have fruits and veggies green smoothies give you longer lasting energy than just eating fruit.
5. Green smoothies are low calorie, filling and hydrating.
So let's get started! You will need:
1. Greens baby spinach (that is the best one for beginners), or "juicing greens" mix, kale, turnip greens
2. Fruit I always use at least half a banana for sweetness, berries, pineapple, apple, peaches, mango, ect...Carrots are good too
3. Liquid milk (almond,coconut, cashew, soy) juice or water
4. A blender or Ninja
5. Optional Protein powder, yogurt or super food like Spirulina
I use 1 to 1 & 1/2 cups of greens, Half a banana, 1 cup of other fruit put all that in the blender smash it down, cover with your liquid and blend on high until smooth. I add about 1/2 teaspoon spirulina and sometimes protein powder too and I use some frozen fruit because they taste better nice and cold!