This holiday season, try a different spin on traditional turkey dishes with this hearty and tasty recipe! It’s a great alternative to beef and rice stuffed peppers as well as being a healthier choice because it contains turkey and nutritious vegetables. Enjoy these delicious Turkey Stuffed Peppers this winter and savor every bite!
Turkey Stuffed Peppers With Vegetables
Prep Time: 20 min. | Cook Time: 30 min. | Servings: 4
4 green bell peppers, tops removed, seeded
1 lb. ground turkey
1 cup fresh spinach
1 can diced tomatoes, drained
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1/2 onion, chopped
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 zucchini, chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
garlic powder to taste
Italian seasoning to taste
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wrap green bell peppers in aluminum foil and place in baking dish. Bake 15 minutes in preheated oven. Remove from heat.
- In skillet over medium heat, cook turkey until evenly brown. Set aside. Heat oil in skillet and cook onion, mushrooms, zucchini, red bell pepper and spinach until tender.
- Return turkey to skillet. Mix in tomatoes and tomato paste and season with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stuff green peppers with skillet mixture.
- Return peppers to oven and continue to cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and garnish lightly with scallions if desired.