Delicious Macaroni Salad
Summer is the time to enjoy warmer weather, fun outdoor activities and family cookouts! Making healthy delicious pasta salads while saving calories is easy to do! Substituting high-calorie ingredients for healthier ones and adding more vegetables can turn ordinary pasta salad into a healthy low-calorie summertime dish you will love!
PREP TIME: 4 hrs. 30 min - SERVINGS: 10 - CALORIES: 281
* 4 cups whole wheat elbow macaroni
* 3/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
* 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
* 1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
* 2 1/2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
* 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 2 stalks celery, chopped
* 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
* 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
* 1/4 cup grated carrot
* 2 tablespoons chopped pimento peppers (optional)
* Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook whole wheat elbow macaroni in boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite (al dente), about 8 minutes. Rinse under cold water and drain.
* Mix low-fat mayonnaise, reduced fat sour cream, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl. Stir in chopped onions, celery, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, carrots, pimientos and whole wheat macaroni. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight before serving.